Skip to main content

My Story Animation

What's the scope?

The scope of this project was to combine all of the skills we have learned in animation this year. These skills include multiplane, ball bounce, puppet pin tool, and a walk cycle. I took all of these and combined them all into my story animation. 

What was my process? 

First I was given a a few days to brainstorm about what I wanted my story to be about, it needed to have the the skills we have learned this year, plus three scene changes. My story is actually based off real life. I choose to do an animation about a human throwing a tennis ball for a dog and the dog watching it bounce, then not going to get it, so the human has to. Which is very common for my dog. I was then given a story board and then drew my story out and planned what was going to happen. 

During the animation 

I first drew a human, a dog, and a tennis, colored them, and scanned them into my desktop folder. Then I drew the grass, clouds, and the sky into Photoshop. I made those all in different layers, then I imported into Aftereffects to create a multilane (moving background) and imported my dog, human, and tennis ball also. After I created the multiplane I made my tennis ball bounce, and then using the puppet pin tool to create the walk cycle for the human to go and get the ball. I also added some close up scene changes. 


What I learned

I learned that I need more time on this project than I thought. I had to come in a few times before school to get caught up on things. I learned that I needed all my layers to be in order or they wouldn't show up on the screen, and to move the bars around to create my scene changes. I also got a refresher of using the puppet pin tool to make my walk cycle. 

What would I keep/ change?

Next time I would try and make my ball bounce better so that it wouldn't look so weird, and I would also add more grass. I would keep my mutiplane the same speed, but make sure the clouds and the sun were not connected. 

What did I learn for my next project?

To try and work at a faster pace and come in before or after school to get help. Also, to make sure my animation isn't so choppy and is smoother. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Logo

A few weeks ago in e9 we had to design a personal logo that described us. We learned about what different colors and shapes mean in a logo and how it can affect the look of the design. I choose to type my initials. I made my type smaller on the "m's" because I wanted the "H" to stick out, thats also why I made it pink. Pink represents friendliness, inner peace, and harmony. I choose to enclose it all in a circle because it is known as the perfect shape. It is like pure perfection.

Portfolio Reflection-Animation

Hammer Project  In this project I learned how use the polygonal transformation manipulator tool, how to extrude, and how to subdivide polygon faces. I was able to learn this project by watching our teacher do a quick explanation/ tutorial and by reading the directions typed on google classroom. I picked this project because I spent a lot of time on the hammer's head and this project turned out better than I thought it would, especially the shadows. My greatest strength during this project was patience because when I was extruding, my hammer was not doing what I wanted it to do. My weakness during this project was would be not making the green take up more of the picture, because there is too much black. I have improved because I have the right shadows. I will take my learning of the manipulator tool and extrude tool to my next projects. I would change the background so there would not be so much black. This project helped me prepare for other projects by practicing the manipula
What is Graphic Design to me? To me graphic design is visual communication to the world. It is also a way to communicate to people without having to talk to them. I think graphic design is unique because you can make it anyway you want. It can be bold or quite, loud and annoying, pink, green, circle shaped or triangle shaped. There are no rules in graphic design so you can make it your own and let your imagination do the work. You get to make it your own, however you want it.                         http://www.aiga.org/what-is-design/